HEX Ferments is hiring! Seeking Part-Time Farmers Market Staff
HEX Ferments makes kombucha, sauerkrauts and kimchis in Baltimore. We’re looking for a person that appreciates the traditional craft behind our nutritious and delectable offerings and enjoys sharing what we make. This position is part-time and works one weekend farmers market shift, Sundays at the Baltimore Farmers Market located in downtown Baltimore.
Farmers markets are where our business began and allow us to meaningfully engage with our customers. We have been vendors at the Baltimore Farmers Market for 9 years. Now in its 46th season, the Baltimore Farmers Market opened Sunday April 2nd and runs every Sunday until Dec. 17th, 2023. Sun, rain, snow and all weather in-between the market persists, and so do its vendors and patrons. We love being active participants in the community this way!
Farmers market experience is not required - We will train you! However a good attitude, desire to learn, reliable, self motivated (you are working alone) and a good communication skill set is paramount. This is a great part-time job for someone who is looking to get out in the world, and is activated by being outdoors, with people and using their muscles. Passionate about fermented foods and local goods and/or aspires to learn more about fermented foods and our diverse grower/producer community.
Requirements of this role:
- Available Sundays from 6am - 1:30pm
- Driver license (you will be driving a company vehicle)
- Physical requirements: ability to lift 40 pounds, repetitively, prepared and comfortable being in the natural elements from ~6:15am until ~12:30pm
- Customer Service - You are the face of HEX Ferments! You enjoy talking with people, sharing what we make and do at HEX Ferments, to make a sale
- Unloading and cleaning up upon return from the market
- Enjoys problem solving on the fly and being challenged
- Values respectful and clear communication with patrons, fellow vendors, co-workers and owners.
- Position starts at $20/hour, plus bi-annual Market Bonus
- Consistent hours; every Sunday until Dec. 17th, 2023
- Payday is every Friday via direct deposit
- Weekly free supply of HEX Ferments, and 50% off personal additional purchases
- Healthy and respectful work environment, opportunities for growth!
We’d love to hear from you if the hours and job feels right to you. We are looking to begin training someone right away. Please email: email@example.com explaining why you think you are suited, along with a resume or list of past job experiences.
HEX Ferments is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are an inclusive workspace. Our workplace is free of intolerance, racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, or oppressive attitudes and behavior.