Have you recently learned of a gluten intolerance? But you know if you indulge your gut will be very upset with you, brain fog sets in and you feel like, you know... We get it! Behold the gluten free almond flour waffle with a savory topping like avocado and HEX Miso Kimchi. See the full recipe below...Enjoy!
1 1/4 cups finely ground almond flour (5 ounces / 142 grams)
1/2 cup tapioca starch (2 ounces / 57 grams)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
2 large eggs or egg replacement equivalent, beaten
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, dairy free milk or traditional milk
To make a sweet version add to your wet ingredients:
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Ripe avocado and your favorite HEX Ferment!
Sweet version - maple syrup, ground flax, yogurt, fresh fruit
Pre-heat your waffle iron on the medium setting, have spray coconut oil or spray ghee ready.
1. Combine the almond flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Stir together with a fork or whisk to break up any clumps.
2. Combine the eggs, milk of choice, and if making sweet the maple syrup and vanilla extract to a small bowl and blend to combine.
3. Form a well in the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients, mix until a smooth batter forms.
4. Spray your fat of choice to both sides of the waffle iron and add 1/4 - 1/2 cup of batter (depending on the size of your waffle iron).
5. Cook until the waffle releases easily from the iron with a fork. Make take anywhere from 4 - 7 minutes.
6. Top with sliced avocado and HEX Ferments.
Pro-tip! These keep beautifully for about 5 days in the fridge, undercook them sightly and reheat in the toaster or toaster oven.