HEX Ferments makes kombucha, sauerkrauts and kimchis in Baltimore. We’re looking for a team player that appreciates the traditional craft behind our nutritious and delectable offerings. This position is full-time (40 hours).
Our small and kind team takes pride in working hard together to meet the production goals set each week. We make foods that benefit our community, our local farms and the planet. It’s important that we find a reliable team player who wants to learn and grow with HEX Ferments.
The Production Manager is responsible for overseeing vegetable fermentation production at our processing facility. They are in charge of a small team and are responsible for coordinating and executing the production goals for the week. The Production manager assigns and delegates the days and weeks tasks, keeps accurate records of what we make, communicates daily with the owners, while managing team members. We take pride in our role as local food producers and want to find someone who connects with who we are and what we’re doing. Food processing or fermentation experience is not necessary. We provide excellent on-the job-training. If you are a hard worker, ready to pick up some new skills and grow, work with a dynamic and fun team, please apply!
Skills and qualities suited to this job are but not limited to:
- Proficient communicator, experience managing a team.
- Detail-oriented, fine motor skills, multi-tasking.
- Food preparation and knife skills.
- Can follow recipes, verbal and written instructions.
- Problem solver with team mentality.
- Finds energetic joy in being active physically and mentally.
Physical & Mental Demands of this job are but not limited to:
- Be able to stand for long periods of time. This is a physical job!
- Manage people while also working to get the job done.
- Regularly lift, carry and place overhead up to 40+lbs using proper lifting techniques.
- Operate pallet jack to move ingredients and packaging.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pulling, pushing and fine manipulation.
- Work in wet/cold environments subject to noise.
-Hourly wage starts at $22 / hour, pay is every Friday via direct deposit.
-Consistent schedule - Monday through Thursday 8am - 5pm, Friday 8am - Noon.
-Consistent reviews to improve skills and facilitate communication.
-After 90 days: Paid Time Off (PTO), 40 hours of sick leave and paid select holidays.
-Healthy and respectful, bi-lingual work environment (English and Spanish spoken)
Please email email@example.com explaining why you think you are suited, along with a resume and three professional references.
HEX Ferments is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are an inclusive workspace. Our kitchen is free of intolerance, racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, or oppressive attitudes and behavior.