HEX Ferments is hiring! Seeking Production Staff
HEX Ferments makes kombucha, sauerkrauts and kimchis in Baltimore. We’re looking for talent that appreciates the traditional craft behind our nutritious and delectable offerings. This position is full-time (40 hours) and works in production Monday through Friday.
Our small and kind team takes pride in working hard together to meet the production goals set each week (1350 pounds of napa cabbage? No problem!). We make foods that benefit our community, our local farms and the planet. It’s important that we find a reliable team player who wants to learn, ask questions, and grow with HEX Ferments.
Skills, qualities suited to this job:
- Proficient communicator
- Food preparation and knife skills
- Can follow recipes, verbal and written instructions
- Problem solver with team mentality
- Finds energetic joy in being active physically and mentally
Physical Demands of this job:
- Be able to stand for long periods of time, 8-10 hours
- Regularly lift, carry and place overhead up to 40+lbs using proper lifting techniques.
- Operate pallet jack to move ingredients and packaging
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pulling, pushing and fine manipulation.
- Work in wet and cold or hot environments with subject to noise.
- Follow uniform/clothing guidelines, wear hairnets, gloves and kitchen appropriate footwear.
-Hourly wage starts at $15 / hour
-Consistent reviews to improve skills and facilitate communication
-Paid time off and sick leave available after first successful 90 days of employment
-Healthy and respectful work environment
-50% off HEX Goods
Please email email@example.com explaining why you think you are suited, along with a resume and three professional references. We take pride in our role as food producers and want to find someone who connects with who we are and what we’re doing. If you are ready to pick up some new skills and have fun doing it, please inquire!
HEX Ferments is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are an inclusive workspace. Our kitchen is free of intolerance, racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, or oppressive attitudes and behavior.
COVID -19 : As a food processing facility we take sanitation very seriously. We have added new sanitation and ventilation procedures to our space and supply our staff with clean PPE and uniforms daily. The health and safety of our team and customers is paramount.