HEX Ferments makes kombucha, sauerkrauts and kimchis in Baltimore. We’re looking for talent that appreciates the traditional craft behind our nutritious and delectable offerings. The positions available are full-time (40 hours) and works in production.
Our small and kind team takes pride in working hard together to meet the production goals set each week (1350 pounds of napa cabbage? No problem!). We make foods that benefit our community, our local farms and the planet. It’s important that we find a reliable team player who wants to learn, ask questions, and grow with HEX Ferments.
We take pride in our role as food producers and want to find someone who connects with who we are and what we’re doing. Food processing or fermentation experience is not necessary, we provide excellent on-the job-training. If you are a hard worker, ready to pick up some new skills, work with a dynamic and fun team, please apply!
Skills, qualities suited to this job are but not limited to:
- Proficient communicator
- Food preparation and knife skills
- Can follow recipes, verbal and written instructions
- Problem solver with team mentality
- Finds energetic joy in being active physically and mentally
Physical Demands of this job are but not limited to:
- Be able to stand for long periods of time, 8-10 hours
- Regularly lift, carry and place overhead up to 40+lbs using proper lifting techniques.
- Operate pallet jack to move ingredients and packaging
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pulling, pushing and fine manipulation.
- Work in wet and cold or hot environments subject to noise.
- Follow uniform/clothing guidelines, wear hairnets, gloves and kitchen appropriate footwear.
-Hourly wage starts at $15.50 / hour, pay is every Friday via direct deposit
-Consistent schedule - Full-time: Monday through Thursday 8am - 5pm, Friday 8am - Noon.
-Consistent reviews to improve skills and facilitate communication
-After 90 days: Paid Time Off (PTO) accrued at the rate of 1 hour for every 30 hours worked
5 days paid sick leave, renews every year on hire date, subsidized health care options available.
-Healthy and respectful, bi-lingual work environment (English and Spanish spoken)
-50% off HEX Ferments Goods, 25% off at HEX Superette
Please email email@example.com explaining why you think you are suited, along with a resume and three professional references.
HEX Ferments is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are an inclusive workspace. Our kitchen is free of intolerance, racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, or oppressive attitudes and behavior.